From Sekhet-Maat Lodge
- We first had a website in the late 1990s ev.
- This was created by Fr. V.I.T.R.I.O.L. for the primary purpose of hosting HTML versions of Lion & Serpent, which you can still access here.
- An inter-body calendar called the Portland Thelemic Community Calendar was also created around that time. This calendar was shared by Sekhet-Maat Lodge and Queen of Heaven Lodge. Fr. Diapason maintained the calendar for a while.
- Fr. Alekseira remodeled the website, giving it a new look with new graphics, and maintained the calendar by hand for about a year. The front page of the site is still archived on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.
- Sr. S.D.M. completely redesigned the website, implementing Mason-based templating to provide advanced functionality. This version of the main site content is no longer available.
- In conjunction with this redesign, Sr. S.D.M. enlisted assistance from Fr. Daotoad to install a calendar program that our officers could log in to edit. This eventually eliminated the need for a single person to administrate the calendar. It is still in use today on our Calendar page.
- Fr. HydraLVX maintained much of the content of the site, and began adding pages for Special Events, which made it possible to sell tickets online. Over time, Sr. S.D.M. became less actively involved in the maintenance of the site, and since maintenance required some knowledge of Mason and CVS, Fr. HydraLVX took over most site maintenance, only calling on Sr. S.D.M. for assistance with server problems.
- Fr. HydraLVX, being overwhelmed with many other responsibilities, quickly began working to find a way to make it easier for others to update the site. Over the course of more than a year he finally settled on MediaWiki as the best tool for the purpose.
- Fr. Pangloss installed MediaWiki, and Fr. HydraLVX went to work modifying the mediawiki skin and migrating the content from the old site. As of the time of this writing, content migration is nearly complete and new content is being added.
- Several pieces of older versions remain in use at the time of rollout. Some are camouflaged to look like they are part of the new site. Namely:
- The old html editions of Lion & Serpent, which were published in versions 1.0 and 2.0, remain stored on the site in their original form. Over time, some things have been moved around and image links have been broken. This is a project for restoration.
Contributions to the Order
Throughout the history of Sekhet-Maat Lodge, hosting, web development, and web design expertise have been provided to the Order. For example:
- Members of Sekhet-Maat have assisted U.S. Grand Lodge with website design and web application development since the late 1990s ev.
- Beginning in 2008 ev Sekhet-Maat Lodge has provided hosting for NOTOCON VII held in 2009 ev.
- Local members have helped with many other projects including the redesign of the root NOTOCON website, development of a site for Advanced Initiator Training, and management of the U.S. Grand Lodge Online Library.