From Sekhet-Maat Lodge
About the Library
- Sekhet-Maat Lodge Library Mission
- Sekhet-Maat Lodge Library serves as a high-quality resource for Hermetic studies by providing access to books, manuscripts, microfilm, audio and video research material.
- See also: Library/Policies.
- Circulation and Reference
- The library contains more than 350 books in its circulation section for Sekhet-Maat Lodge members or supporting affiliates to borrow. The library also contains a reference section, including a variety of important volumes, some on loan from private collections. Both the Circulation and Reference libraries are open for browsing during Lodge open hours each Tuesday (see Sekhet-Maat Lodge Calendar for details), or by arrangement with the librarian.
- Research Archive
- Sekhet-Maat Lodge Library has a truly unique collection of microfilm, not available in any one place anywhere else in the world:
- The Yorke Collection and O.T.O. Archives comprise over 25,000 images of Crowley's diaries, notes, papers, letters, and more.
- The Sloane Manuscripts (selected material)
- Thanks to a generous supporter of Sekhet-Maat Lodge, twenty-eight rolls of microfilm from many of the Sloane manuscripts at the British Library are available in our research archive, including works by John Dee, Elias Ashmole, and numerous grimoires.
- For details on the archive material, including how to access the research archive, see Library/Research Archive. Our research station includes a microfilm reader and digital scanner for on-screen viewing, and a laser printer to print the microfilm images when necessary.
- For fees and availability relating to long-term research projects, please contact us.