Lion & Serpent is the official periodic journal of Sekhet-Maat Lodge. The journal accomplishes its mission to promote the Thelemic current by providing a platform to draw out new creations unique to our membership and our valley of Portland, Oregon in addition to publishing important historical works foundational to Thelema and Ordo Templi Orientis. The discipline of creative expression taking myriad forms, Lion & Serpent publishes material ranging from research, ritual, and critical opinion to poetry and visual art in effort to project Sekhet-Maat's initiated essence into the world and to record our labors for posterity and reflection.
You can Read Online, Sponsor, or Submit your creations to Lion & Serpent. WE NO LONGER OFFER PAPER SUBSCRIPTIONS.
- Timely publication four times a year.
- Preferentially choosing work of members and encouraging them to submit work.
- Financial self-sufficiency.
- Publish beautiful artwork.
- Remain distinctive from our peers and a unique voice for OTO.
- Use high-quality tools and materials to create archival quality paper issues.
- Manifold engagement of Lodge members to represent more than just one or two voices.
- Used as a platform to support other Lodge activities and events.
- Commemorate Lodge members' pivotal life events.
- Layout copyright © Ordo Templi Orientis, and content copyright © individual authors, except where otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- The opinions expressed in Lion & Serpent are those of the individual authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of O.T.O. or of Sekhet-Maat Lodge.
- While in print, approximately 100 printed copies of "Lion & Serpent" were distributed to subscribers, members, affiliates, and local retail outlets including:
- PDF Archive and Circulation statistics available online.
For those who are interested in learning how the journal comes together, we maintain some informal documentation of our Production Process.