Whether referring to feasts as a an elaborate and usually abundant meal, or as a religious observance, we have a lot to offer at Sekhet-Maat Lodge.
Feasts of the Times
- The Rituals of the Elements are observed at or around the Equinoxes and Solstices.
- The Feasts of the Times are observed as follows:
- The Feast for the First Night of the Prophet and His Bride is observed on August 12.
- The Feast for the Three Days of the Writing of the Book of the Law is observed on April 8, 9 and 10, beginning at noon on each day.
- The Feast for Tahuti and the child of the Prophet. This particular feast is of a character suited only to initiates.
- The Feast for the Supreme Ritual (the Invocation of Horus) is observed on March 20.
- The Feast for the Equinox of the Gods is held on the Vernal Equinox of each year to commemorate the founding of Thelema in 1904 EV, and represents the opening of the Thelemic New Year.
- The Feast for Life or Lesser Feast is celebrated at the birth of an individual.
- The Feast for Water is celebrated at puberty for a girl.
- The Feast for Fire is celebrated at puberty of a boy.
- The Feast for Death or Greater Feast is celebrated at the death of an individual.
According to Aleister Crowley, each Thelemic year starts on the Aries equinox, coinciding with the Thelemic Holiday called the Feast for the Equinox of the Gods.
We prepare amazing and bountiful meals shared my all who come to our events. Whether creating a feast entirely from scratch, or focusing on a main dish and coordinating pot-luck contributions from attendees, we always have plenty to eat. Every meal has something for everyone, whether you are a vegetarian or an omnivore.
The following menu is from a feast which took place September 1, 2007 ev.
- Vegetable platter including steamed asparagus, tapenade and aioli
- Pita bread with baba ganouj, tabouleh, labnee, and hummus
- Home smoked leg of lamb
- Strawberry shortcake
- Sliced apple & dried fruit platter with chocolate and caramel squeeze bottles