Membership & Affiliation
This page is mainly of interest to members of the Lodge and supporting affiliates. However, it also contains a wealth of useful information to help non-members gain an understanding of what we stand for and what we do. Read on to learn more about membership with Sekhet-Maat Lodge.
There shall be no consideration of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation when considering the fitness of candidates for admission, advancement, or appointment to office within Sekhet-Maat or its superordinate organization Ordo Templi Orientis U.S.A.
|Policy & Procedure||Bylaws||Reports of the Offices|
Joining Sekhet-Maat Lodge
The following is a summary of the duties and privileges of Members and Affiliates of Sekhet-Maat Lodge. More information about the duties and privileges of initiates in general can be found in Aleister Crowley’s Liber 101. If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer.
- Initiates of I° or above in O.T.O. may join as a full Member.
- Initiates of the Minerval degree and those confirmed in the E.G.C. may join as an Affiliate Member.
- To begin your affiliation or membership, sign the roll at the Lodge and make your first dues payment.
Member & Affiliate Privileges
All Members & Affiliates are entitled to:
- attend regular Lodge events (e.g. the Gnostic Mass, classes, initiations of their degree or below).
- take and attend initiation at the Lodge, according to the regulations and customs of the Order.
- discounts on the admission price to events.
- borrow circulating volumes from the Lodge library.
- periodically schedule blocks of time at the Temple for personal magical practice, study, etc., free of charge.
- occasionally schedule blocks of time at the Temple for private group events (such as weddings), free of charge.
- All Members are eligible to assume ongoing responsibility (e.g. as a committee chairperson, trainer, coordinator, or ritualist in mass, initiation, and other ritual), subject to approval by the Master or their delegate.
Dues are $600 per year or $50 per month. We gladly accept any pledges above this amount. Members representing our lodge in official ritual roles are expected to pledge an additional amount if within their financial means. We encourage deacons and initiation side officers to pledge another $10/month, clergy and initators another $25/month. If you would like to discuss how you can plan financially to contribute more, please contact our Treasurer.
There are four ways to make your dues payment:
- Place it in the white lock box next to the parlor archway at the temple.
- Pay by PayPal, using the forms on the right side of this page.
- Hand it to the Treasurer in person.
- Mail your check, payable to Sekhet-Maat. Our address is 7950 SE Foster Road., Portland OR, 97206.