- We have added two photos to the main Lion & Serpent page, showing a couple of our members working on the journal at the Independent Publishing Resource Center.
- Some issues of Lion & Serpent have been downloaded over 2000 times! View our journal’s download statistics which have just been updated.
- The Master Therion—A Biographical Note, describing the origins of the Master Therion and his mission, is now available.
- Crowley’s essay, On Sexual Freedom, describes Thelemic sexual ethics. Read it online here!
- The August financial statement is now available.
- Read the newly added essay by Aleister Crowley entitled On the Education of Children.
Archive for the ‘Website’ Category
- The July financial statement is now available.
- The classic Unicursal Hexagram design is now available for the first time on t-shirts, mugs, and more: click here! or visit our CaféPress store to browse our other designs.
- Crowley’s essay, The Method of Thelema, describes the practical application of Thelema in day-to-day life. Read it online here!
- We have organized our Documents page for easier browsing, with new sections for The Book of the Law, Thelemic rituals, O.T.O. Vision statements, and more.
- See the many new photos added to this year’s Gnostic Mass photo album.
- Four years ago, Past Master Br. Joseph Thiebes wrote an analysis of the challenge of property acquisition entitled Manifesting the Lodge. Read this essay now conveniently available here.
- The June financial statement is now available.
- Check out the new Thelemic Calendar which shows the transits of sun and moon for the year, and add it to your Google Calendar or your native calendar application with the corresponding iCal file.
- The May financial statement is now available.
- See spring in full bloom in the new photos of the Lodge Exterior.
- With the release of the print edition of Lion & Serpent 14, No. 1 comes the PDF of the previous issue, now available. Download it today and enjoy!
- The April financial statement is now available.
- Event pics have been posted to the Initiation in the Aeon of the Child page.
- New photos have been added to the Feasts page.
- The archive of our announcement e-mail list is now publicly accessible. Check out our past announcements here.
- Sekhet-Maat Lodge’s Baptism Study Guide (PDF) is now available on the E.G.C. Committee page.
- A new page is now available: EGC Committee, where information about the logistical planning of our ecclesiastical activities can be found. See also: Ecclesiastical Rites.
For complete information visit: April 2009 Profit and Loss Statements.
- Monthly Percentage
- Yearly Percentage to date
This month makes the fifth of the last six that we’ve had our self-sufficiency over 100%, this month edging us closer to our target for the year of 105%. We’re making great progress on this, though it’s important to keep in mind that we have a substantial annual expense ($500/year liability insurance premium) coming up in June that will knock us back several percentage points if we don’t keep ahead of the curve.
Cari Fratres, Sorores, et Amici,
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
In order to focus on the many changes that have taken place in my personal life in the last year, I plan to step down from my position as Lodge Master, and will nominate Geoff to take my place. Assuming this change will be approved by the Electoral College, it will be made official on Sol in Leo, Luna in Pisces, dies Veneris, Anno Legis IV:xvii (August 7, 2009 e.v.).
I am very proud of being a member of Sekhet-Maat Lodge, and honored to have served as its Master. I am doubly proud of my brothers and sisters who have worked so hard over the last ten years since my own Minerval, and some of you long before that, to build the presence of O.T.O. in Portland to the level it is at today. We have broken new ground in the history of O.T.O. many times together, and I know that we will continue to do so in coming years.
I will remain an active member of the Lodge, continuing to serve as Priest and Initiator, and will continue to facilitate classes, discussions, and rituals as usual.
Geoff’s strength of character, wisdom, and intelligence will lead us to the next stage of our evolution, and I consider him to be the most qualified and best suited person for this job right now. Because of this, I am simply thrilled that he will take the reins. Please join me in thanking Geoff for agreeing to take on this challenging responsibility.
Love is the law, love under will.
In the Bonds of the Order,
I am Fraternally Yours,
and in Universal Brotherhood,
- T. Thorn Coyle will offer a book signing and a lecture entitled Self Possession and Drawing Down the ‘I am’ on Friday, Jun 12. Click here for details about this event.
- A new drawing has been added (along with a few existing photos) to the Ecclesiastical Rites page. This drawing depicts a Gnostic Mass temple and appears as a page in The Marvel, an upcoming graphic novel about the life of pioneering rocket scientist and O.T.O. initiate Jack Parsons.
In case you missed it, The G-Spot podcast has an excellent interview with Richard Carbonneau, author of the The Marvel, an upcoming graphic novel about the life of rocket scientist and O.T.O. initiate Jack Parsons.
Richard has kindly permitted Sekhet-Maat Lodge to use a page from The Marvel in our materials. This image, depicting a Gnostic Mass temple, in coming weeks will be printed on postcards that you will be able to find freely available at various locations around town. Keep an eye out for them!