- Photos of the event have been added to the Thelemic Symposium VIII page.
- We have changed our mailing address to match our street address, and given up the P.O. Box. Find our new postal address, along with phone, email, and nearby lodging information, on our Contact Information page.
- We have produced a new video of The Mass of the Phoenix available now on our YouTube channel.
- We have completed the collection of photos for Anno IV:xvi and have now added the first Mass photo for Anno IV:xvii.
Archive for March, 2009
Three new titles! These books are on the (sexy) circulation shelf and ready for lending.
White Stains & The Nameless Novel: Flowers of Eros and Evil. Aleister Crowley
From Wet Angel Books… White Stains remains Aleister Crowley’s most infamous work, his attempt at taking the Satanic/erotic decadence of Baudelaire and ramping it up to new extremes of degradation, sexual depravity and demonic frenzy in this over-the-top compendium of eros and evil. This new edition of White Stains also includes Crowley’s rare later volume, The Nameless Novel (1904), a rampant pornographic novella written to stimulate and amuse his wife. With a new introduction by Crowley scholar D.M. Mitchell, the book is illustrated with rare examples of Victorian erotic photography, making it a decorative document of fin-de-siÃ¨cle erotica, as well as a unique compendium of Crowley s most outrageous and notorious literary output.
Self-Initiation Into the Golden Dawn Tradition: A Complete Curriculum of Study for Both the Solitary Magician and the Working Magical Group. Chic Cicero, Sandra Tabatha Cicero.
From Llewellyn… The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn has been considered one of the most important Western magical systems for over a century. Although much of their knowledge has been published, to really enter the system required initiation within a Golden Dawn temple — until now.
The Mystical and Magical System of the A∴A∴ – The Spiritual System of Aleister Crowley & George Cecil Jones Step-by-Step. James A. Eshelman
“Never before have the inner pathways of this Journey been so finely mapped, nor the Way so clearly marked. To you, dear children of the Light, do we deliver freely what has been given to us. May the Way be opened for all who would walk it, proudly, joyously, serenely – with strength, wisdom, love, and the LIGHT which informs them with Beauty.” – from Chapter 11 of the Mystical and Magical System of the A∴A∴
Please join us on March 20 for Equinox in Aries and the Supreme Ritual. This year we are celebrating the exact moment of the Thelemic New Year in the morning, and the Supreme Ritual in the evening. Events are as follows:
Equinox in Aries (4:30am March 20)
As many of you have heard, in addition to the Supreme Ritual celebration, feast and dancing on the evening of March 20, we will also have another ritual early that morning.
This will be a very special occasion for the exact moment of the Equinox in Aries, the Thelemic New Year, on March 20. Doors will be open starting at 7:30pm the night before, and members and guests are welcome to nap at the Lodge. The doors will be locked for ritual at 4:30am.
For those of you choosing to attend the night before, please bring drinks and food to share. There will NOT be a cash bar or food served.
After the ritual in the morning, we will be enjoying a potluck breakfast together, please email me offlist if you plan to come, and with your plans for food items.
Supreme Ritual (7:30pm March 20)
Please join us as we celebrate the Feast for the Supreme Ritual.
The evening will begin with a ritual celebration and include a potluck feast and ecstatic dancing as we continue from our early morning ringing in of the Thelemic New Year!
There will be a cash bar with various local wines and microbrews available for purchase.
Doors open at 7:30pm Doors close for ritual at 8:00pm and will reopen for dancing and feasting after the ritual is over.
- The February financial statement is now available.
- Our Novitiate Training Program page has been overhauled, mainly for clarity and simple presentation but also including a couple minor updates to match current policy.
- We have added photos of two of the Lodge’s paintings both by River Soma to the website: Baphomet on the Classroom page, and The Devil Bakes Chocolate Chip Cookies on the Office page. Both paintings are by River Soma.
- We have a new page with information and photos of the Office inside the Lodge.