- Hello Web 2.0! We have now added social bookmarking to our entire website. Now you can add any page (including calendar entries!) to your social bookmarks, including Digg, Technorati, FaceBook, and many more!
- We have relegated exorcism to the museum of obsolete religious artifacts. See our Ecclesiastical Rites page for U.S. Grand Master Sabazius’ note on exorcism.
- At some point (we’re not exactly sure when) many of the links to back issues of Lion & Serpent were broken. This has now been fixed. Come and check out all the online back issues and please tell your friends about it!
Archive for December, 2008
We are pleased to announce that this year’s Thelemic Symposium will feature panelists Eliza McBryde, Michael Kolson, and Dathan Biberstein!
Symposium will take place March 28, 2009. More info, bios, and online registration are coming soon. Save the date!
The Kaaba Series is a public monthly open reading and discussion facilitated by a member of Sekhet-Maat Lodge, taking place on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm at 1409 SE Stark.
- The first section of discussions will focus on the Great Beast 666, his coming, mission and work. This will take place on second Tuesdays in Jan, Feb, and Mar:
- The second section of discussions will focus on the Law as it relates to the individual. This will take place on second Tuesdays beginning in April.
- The third section will focus on how Thelema solves the problems of modern civilization.
- The fourth section will focus on how to organize toward establishing the Law of Thelema.
Full-color booklets, produced by Sekhet-Maat Lodge, containing the reading material will be made freely available to participants. Funding for our publication efforts comes chiefly through donations and profit from events. Please consider making a donation to help create more such material — we hope to print many more such booklets and make them available to the public: http://sekhetmaat.com/wiki/Donations
This series is intended to provide a structured, well-rounded introduction to Thelema, but will also be of interest to those with more advanced understanding since it is an opportunity to share your knowledge and compare notes with others to gain new perspectives. The curriculum was first developed by Tau Omphalos in the valley of Trondheim, and has been ruthlessly stolen and adapted for our use by thiebes.
- New event series! "Film, Food, Forum" will feature a film of some esoteric, occult, or Thelemic import, a potluck feast and discussion. This will begin Jan 2 with a selection of short films by Kenneth Anger. For details see: entry for Jan 2 or browse our calendar for future selections. See also: Movie Recommendations
- See Costume Ball 2009 ev for theme and ticket information about the upcoming New Year’s Eve party!
- The November financial statement is now available.
- Three new graphics have been added to the Promotion page which highlight our weekly celebration of Liber XV: The Gnostic Mass, including a website banner, a social networking image, and a thin banner suitable for use in a rich-text e-mail signature.
- Beastly Xmas Greetings! Check out the new Xmas cards designed by the Beast Himself! Get a pack of cards or take the digital route and post the new promotional graphic on your friends’ social networking pages!
- We’ve begun taking photos on a regular basis before or after performances of the Gnostic Mass. Have a look at the first few photos at Gnostic Mass Photos Anno 04:16.
- Sabazius X° has posted an important blog entry on same-sex marriage. Click here to read it.
- The October financial statement is now available.
- Check out the new page with photos showing the refurbishment of our office and bathroom: Office and Bathroom Refurbishment 2008 ev.